Monday 17 December 2012

DIY Christmas Giftwrap

I love browsing all the luxury giftwrap available from the likes of John Lewis and Selfridges but for the past couple of Christmases have been going low-key with brown parcel paper. I love it for various reasons:
It's cheap
 It's really good quality so is easy to wrap with and doesn't tear
 You can dress it up in many ways and with any colour theme you want
❆ It looks really classic and timeless
This year, I was inspired by this lovely idea from www.robbieanderin.blogspot.co.uk.  I originally found it via a Pin on Pinterest and loved the idea of using doilies as gift tags.



It just so happened that I had loads of paper doilies sitting in my studio, leftovers from a long forgotten project.  Mine weren't as pretty as the ones on Robbie and Erin's blog but I still wanted to incorporate them into my wrapping as I love the way they look against the brown paper.

I decided to just use doilies as embellishment, tie them into place with raffia ribbon, and make my own gift tags.  I say 'make', but all I did was buy a huge quantity of those cheap card luggage tags you can buy from any stationery shop and punch Christmas trees into them with a paper punch.

DIY brown paper Christmas gift wrap

DIY  Christmas gift tags

DIY brown paper Christmas gift wrap

I really like the end result.  I also like that all the wrapping is totally recyclable or, if it's going to a crafty or frugal recipient, re-usable.  

For smaller items, like the little Disney rings and bracelets I bought as a stocking filler for my four year old niece, I made the doilies into a little pouch and tied them with ribbon.  I love the way these look and will be using this method again.  

DIY Doilies Christmas gift wrap

Using the same technique with lace doilies would be a brilliant way of wrapping jewellery for big girls too :-)

Jenny 
   x

No comments:

Post a Comment