Friday 1 February 2013

The cutest darn fabric I ever did see

I can't even put into words how much I love this fabric. I found it entirely by chance in my local crafty emporium. It was tucked away at the top of a mountain of fabric bolts stacked almost to the ceiling and when I took it to the till, the staff ooh-ed and aah-ed over it as if they didn't even know it existed.


How cute is it? There are eight adorable little children and each one has a selection of outfits and accessories.  It's by Bluehill Fabrics and is called Aunt Lindy's Paper Dolls.  I had to buy just over 60cm of fabric to get the entire pattern repeat so each 'frame' is a little under 30cm.







I probably should have ironed it before taking pictures, but I was too excited and impatient to share it.


I think I'm going to use it to make a set of cushions, probably by mounting each 'framed' print onto a piece of cotton.  If anyone has any other suggestions on ways to use it, I'd love to hear them!

Jenny
 x

1 comment: