My little niece, Sophie, is shortly moving into a new bedroom so I've offered to decorate it. I've been getting ideas from Pinterest and have started making a few bits and pieces ahead of painting the room in a couple of weeks.
You can find the pattern I used for the motifs here. It's been modified from an original pattern published in 1893. I used a 3.5mm hook to keep the flowers tight and neat instead of the 4mm hook the cotton yarn called for.
I strung the flowers together using a simple crochet chain. I was going to crochet over/around the chain with single crochet to strengthen it but I don't think I really need to.
It's a really simple pattern so would be brilliant for a crochet beginner tired of scarves and granny squares! The motifs work up really quickly so it's a great project for a weekend.